Here’s a new twist on one of my favorite workouts . I’m using this routine to get me back into the shape I used to be at.
|Sargon Benjamin. 49ers fan but wore my Raiders beenie to look hard|
It’s an interval workout on the treadmill that alternates between treadmill sprints and a weightlifting exercise.
What you need:
- Access to a treadmill / field / track
- A pair of dumbbell weights that you can perform either 6-10 reps of bicep curls or shoulder dumbbell presses
- A water bottle… filled with water or sports beverage
- Stretch: 5 minutes
- Jog for 10 minutes to get your body warm and lubricated
- Interval – repeat this for a total of 8 intervals allowing for no more than 60 seconds to perform the weight routine
- 90 seconds on treadmill sprint at high speed*
- Get off the treadmill and do 6-10 reps of either bicep curls or dumbbell shoulder presses (this total period should be 60 seconds! very VERY important)
- Warmdown : stretch, yoga headstand, call your mom, do whatever it takes to lower your heart rate here